- 12 Cups Chebe Croutons (see note below)
- 8 Tbsp melted butter or dairy free margarine
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- 2 tsp dry sage
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 ½ cup celery chopped (about 2 stalks)
- 2/3 cup onion chopped (1 medium onion)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Blend the salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and sage in a small bowl. Set aside.
Place croutons in a large bowl. Pour in half of the broth and butter and mix until the croutons are lightly moistened.
Add the seasonings to the croutons while mixing it all thoroughly. Then add the parsley, celery and onions. Continue blending.
Add the rest of the broth and butter and blend thoroughly.
Pour the seasoned croutons into a 2 or 3 quart baking dish. Pack it down if it seems overfilled. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15 minutes until the top gets crispy. Ready to serve!
Click here for the Chēbē Crouton Recipe