Gluten free and grain free? Yes! But these Parmesan Garlic Bread Strips are better than anything out there because it is authentic Brazilian Cheese Bread… that is, it’s Chēbē…. same diff.
Chebe Parmesan Garlic Bread Strips
Course: Appetizer, Snack
Servings: 12 strips
- 1 package Chebe Garlic Onion Breadstick Mix
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese grated or shredded (may use dairy free cheese)
- 2 large eggs or aquafaba*
- 4 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbs melted butter or dairy free margarine
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated or shredded (may use dairy free cheese)
- Small bunch fresh cilantro chopped
Preheat oven to 375F
Prepare Chebe dough according to package instructions until the dough is smooth and well blended.
With your hands press the dough on a baking sheet to about 7”x 12”. (Lift the dough off of the sheet to separate, and then place it back on the sheet to prevent it from sticking.)
With a knife cut 1” strips so you have about 12 x 7” bread strips.
Brush with melted butter and garlic. Top with Parmesan cheese and the cilantro.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes and dig in. (We bet you can’t stop at eating just one!)
*For an egg-free version, use 6 Tbsp aquafaba.
Try replacing the Parmesan/cilantro toppings with sharp cheddar/chopped jalapenos!
This recipe works great with Chēbē Garlic Onion Breadstick Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: