“This is a super easy, gluten free recipe for pizza breadsticks that can be used as an appetizer or main dish …. And, kids love to eat anything that can be dunked into something else, and will almost always eat pizza!” – Carol Kicinski, Simply Gluten-Free
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe Garlic-Onion Breadstick Mix (or other Chebe savory variety)
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil use divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or dairy free cheese
- 3 oz pepperoni diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese omit for dairy free
- 1 can tomato paste, 6 oz
- 6 oz water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch sugar or just a dash of agave honey or sweetener of your choice
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
Combine the breadstick mix, 2 tablespoons olive oil, shredded cheese, diced pepperoni, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, eggs and water in a mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine – it will not get smooth until you knead it.
Dump the contents of the bowl onto a clean work surface and knead until the dough comes together and is smooth. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into logs about 4 ½ inches long. If the pepperoni sticks out too much, just push them back into the dough.
Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle the parmesan on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with the sauce for dipping.
Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine and heat until warm. Let sit while the breadsticks are baking. Serve the sauce warm and on the side for dipping.
Recipe by Carol Kicinski - Simply Gluten-Free
This recipe works great with Chēbē Garlic-Onion Breadstick Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: