Ever had to choose between going out for a submarine sandwich or a pizza? With this Chēbē recipe you can have both at once… and have it gluten and grain free! Dig in!
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe Pizza Crust Mix or other Chebe savory mix
- 4 Tbsp milk, milk substitute or water
- 2 oz shredded cheese, Colby-jack, sharp cheddar, or your preference
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
- 6 oz provolone cheese, sliced or shredded
- 9 slices strips of prosciutto ham or of salami
- 2 red/yellow bell peppers, sliced
- Baby greens (baby spinach, baby chard, etc.)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 12 olives, green or black, sliced
- Fresh herbs, e.g. basil, parsley or oregano
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare Chebe dough according to package instructions, making a smooth ball of dough.
Separate dough into 3 equal pieces, (about 5 oz each) and flatten each piece into a 9”x 4” shape. Place them on a large baking sheet. (Note: You may use food starch, corn meal, or gluten free flour to dust the preparation surface to facilitate pressing dough.)
Poke holes with the tines of a fork and brush the surfaces with oil and bake for 8 minutes.
Remove the par-baked bread from the oven. On each piece spread about 2 oz. of each of the cheeses, three prosciutto or salami slices, the bell peppers, greens, tomatoes, onions, olives, and herbs. Grind pepper and salt over the top and drizzle with olive oil.
Return to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Ovens vary, so watch closely after 10 minutes.
This recipe works great with Chēbē Pizza Crust Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: