Cinnamon Pecan Tartlets by Chēbē. Gluten free, grain free and delicious. A perfect pastry for a perfect time of the year.
Cinnamon Pecan Tartlets by Chebe. Gluten free, grain free and delicious. A perfect pastry for a perfect time of the year.
- 1 package Chebe Cinnamon Roll Mix
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup agave nectar OR corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts or more to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare dough according to package directions. Grease eight 4” tartlet pans OR 12 spaces in a regular muffin tin with shortening or butter.
If using tartlet pans: Divide the dough into 8 balls and roll into 1/16 inch thick 5” circles. (A tortilla press makes this very easy.) If using a muffin tin: Divide the dough into 12 balls and roll out thinly. Gently place pastry into your tins. Bake for 5-10 minutes.* Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Blend the filling ingredients (except the nuts) well. Divide a generous 3/4 cup pecans (or walnuts) among the tartlet pans and gently pour in the filling so that the tartlet is half full. Top the filling with an arrangement of some remaining nuts. Bake another 15-20 minutes or until filling has set and is a light golden brown. Cool and enjoy.
* Bake 5 minutes to gently set the pastry, 10 minutes if you prefer a crunchier crust. If using a muffin tin, only pre-bake 5 minutes.
Special equipment: Eight 4” tartlet pans. (Standard muffin tin also work.