Gluten and grain free Chēbē Focaccia mix makes a delicious flatbread with or without adding extra toppings. But adding the potato and rosemary make it a hearty loaf indeed! Couple it with a nice soup or salad and you have yourself a satisfying square meal!
- 1 small potato (3 oz), cut into ½” chunks
- ½ cup salted water
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe Focaccia Bread Mix, or other savory Chebe mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated (plus 1 Tbsp for topping)
- 4 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs, large, preferably room temperature
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus 1 Tbsp for topping)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, fresh and coarsely chopped
In a microwave-safe dish, add the potatoes and salted water and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Drain and set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp butter with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 390F. In a mixing bowl, add the Chebe mix. With a fork, blend in the baking powder, Parmesan, milk, eggs and oil. Mix for a couple of minutes then continue with your hands, kneading until the dough is smooth and well blended.
Press the dough into a 9” pie plate. Make deep indentations in the top of the dough with your fingers and insert the potato chunks.
Brush the top with the butter/olive oil blend. Sprinkle with sea salt, Parmesan and rosemary.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 15 minutes.
A microwave or stovetop may be used to prepare the potatoes and the butter/olive oil blend.
This recipe works great with Chēbē Focaccia Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: