Warm, fresh, soft tacos are your cupboard away with Chēbē on the shelf. Gluten free, grain free, quick to prepare and delicious!
photos courtesy of Angela on Instagram: sincitybluffrat
Click here to see for yourself. Just a couple of flips and your’e done! Chebe tortillas are quick, easy, and fresh off the skillet. Perfect for tacos and quesadillas, and if you’re avoiding gluten or grain, this is the bomb!
Warm, fresh, soft tacos are your cupboard away with Chebe on the shelf. Gluten free, grain free, quick to prepare and delicious!
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe Original or All-Purpose Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp milk, milk substitute or water
- 2 oz shredded cheese, optional
Prepare mix according to package directions.
Split it into 6 to 8 rounded pieces. [Depends on the size you want.]
Flatten each dough piece with the heels of the hand, then finish by placing it between two sheets of waxed paper, pressing thinly into a tortilla shape. Remove top sheet of paper.
Heat a non-greased skillet to medium temperature. Place exposed side of tortilla dough on the skillet, carefully removing second sheet of paper.
Heat each side for a few minutes until browned.
Place your filling in the tortilla and roll it up.
- A tortilla press does a great job with this dough!
- Prepared tortillas may be stored in the freezer in a freezer bag. Place frozen tortilla(s) on plate, cover with slightly damp cloth or paper towel, and reheat in microwave on high briefly until warm.
This recipe works great with Chēbē Original Mix and All-Purpose Mix, but you may also try it with this Chēbē mix: