“For this specific recipe, think Cuban sandwich but in an empanada and using chicken instead of roasted pork. I really loved it. The pickles really keep you coming back for more. Hope you enjoy!” – Sylvia, Reel Flavor
Watch the Reel Flavor video:
- 1 box Chebe Pizza Crust mix
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese optional
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp milk, milk substitute or water
- 1 chicken breast diced into small cubes
- salt pepper & garlic powder (seasoning on chicken)
- 1/2 cup deli ham diced
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup dill pickles diced
- 1/2 cup diced or shredded Swiss cheese
- Cooking spray
- Olive oil for brushing empanadas
- 1 Tbsp oil for cooking chicken
Preheat oven to 450ºF
Prepare pizza dough according to instructions on Chebe box. When smooth and well blended, separate into 4 equal pieces.
Dice the chicken breast, season and sauté in oil until cooked through
Meanwhile, chop up deli ham, pickles and Swiss cheese
Combine chicken, ham, mayo, mustard, pickles and cheese in a bowl
Roll out dough into rounds about 1/8" thick, add filling and fold dough over it to make half-moon shapes. Seal the edges of the dough using a dough press or fork. Be careful not to let the filling or its liquid get between the sealed dough.
Spray baking sheet and transfer empanadas over. Brush them with a bit of olive oil.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned. (Ovens vary. Check after 15 minutes.)
Recipe courtesy of Reel Flavor.
This recipe works great with Chēbē Pizza Crust Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: