- 1 box of Chebe Original Cheese Bread Mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or organic canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese, sharp or hard works best - firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/2 recipe of pesto, see below
- 1 bag (10 oz) San Marzano tomatoes or a small container of grape tomatoes - cut off the tops, squeeze out the seeds, and cut in half or in thirds
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- honey - optional
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic (1/2 tsp minced)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese - I use 2 Tbsp of both
Preheat your oven to 450F and lightly oil your pizza pan.
In a small sauce pan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, until it thickens and becomes sticky. Stir frequently. Optional, add up to 1 Tbsp of honey for added sweetness.
Place your mozzarella between two paper towels to remove moisture.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs before adding the shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp of oil. Mix well with a fork, then slowly add the Chebe Original Cheese Bread mix. Stir well with a spoon before adding the water. Mix as well as you can with a spoon, then knead the dough with your hands until smooth.
Place the pizza dough on an oiled 14 inch cast iron pizza pan and spread it out evenly with your hands.
Par bake the crust on a shelf in the bottom third of your oven for 12 minutes. Flatten out any bubbles with the back of a fork before adding toppings.
Brush the pesto on your pizza, then add the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Bake for another 11 minutes on the bottom shelf before moving the pizza to the top third of your oven and turning it to broil. Broil for a minute or two until the cheese is bubbly and perfectly browned.
Loosen your pizza from the pan with a large spatula before carefully sliding it onto a serving platter or pizza pan to slice and serve. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until they are well combined. Add the oil and cheese. Pulse until smooth.