Roll or press dough out to a 12″-14″ crust. If you’d prefer, roll dough out to fit an 8″ or 9″ pie pan to create a delicious deep dish pizza.
Bake until lightly browned.
Here’s a simple and quick recipe that will be popular on the table. Just open up a box of Chēbē and some good quality sausage and it will be ready to pull out of the oven in under and hour.
- 1 package 7.5 oz. Chebe Pizza Crust Mix (or other Chebe savory variety)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese for dough
- 4 Tbsp milk or water
- 1 cup cooked gf hot Italian sausage or mild
- 1 cup gf pasta or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup onions sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese for pizza toppings
- 1/2 tsp sliced red bell pepper or 2 red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400F
Prepare dough according to package directions.
Press the dough with the heel of the hand onto an ungreased pizza pan to 14" diameter.
Bake the dough for about 12 minutes.
Brown the sausage, then add onion, peppers and mushrooms and allow them to cook together for a few minutes.
Remove crust from oven and top with pizza sauce then add sausage, onion, pepper and mushrooms. Top it off with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Return to oven and bake until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned. (approx. 6-8 minutes)
This recipe works great with Chēbē Pizza Crust Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: