Created by a Chēbē fan, these wonderfully chewy cookies are free of: gluten (wheat, barley, rye), corn, oats, rice, potato, yeast, nuts, peanuts, eggs and dairy! (Is there anything left?) Just take a look at the ingredient list and at the simple, quick directions! Our hats are off to Beth Dupree!
Recipe and photo by Beth Dupree
- 1 stick Spectrum Butter Flavor Shortening (see link below) or or Crisco* Butter Flavor Shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, drained (use two eggs if soy intolerant)
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe All Purpose Bread mix
- 1 1/2 cup your choice of almond, coconut or millet flour (if using coconut flour, use only 1 cup)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 10 oz bag vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars. Add vanilla and drained tofu.
In a separate bowl, combine the flours and baking soda. Slowly add to liquid ingredients, scraping sides of bowl to mix completely.
Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
Bake 12 – 14 minutes.
Let cookies sit on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.