Until 2013, I thought that I would never eat truly delicious pizza again. Then I started making pizza with Chebe. I love pizza night and our pesto chicken pizza is one of my favorites.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Alexis’ Gluten Free Adventures
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe Original Cheese Bread Mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or organic canola oil
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (sharp or hard works best - firmly packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 recipe of pesto - see below
- 1 10 ounce bag San Marzano tomatoes or a small container of grape tomatoes - cut off the tops, squeeze out the seeds, and cut in half
- 8 ounce package of fresh mozzarella
- Parmesan and/or Romano, grated
- Feta crumbles
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 450F and lightly oil your pizza pan.
Place your mozzarella between two paper towels to remove moisture.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs before adding the shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp of oil. Mix well with a fork, then slowly add the Chebe Original Cheese Bread mix. Stir well with a spoon before adding 1/4 cup of water. Mix as well as you can with a spoon, then knead the dough with your hands until smooth.
Place the pizza dough on an oiled 14 inch cast iron pizza pan and spread it out evenly with your hands.
Par bake the crust on a shelf in the bottom third of your oven for 12 minutes. Flatten out any bubbles with the back of a fork before adding toppings.
Brush the pesto on your pizza. Add the tomatoes and chicken. Finally, add the mozzarella, and an even sprinkle of Parmesan, Romano, and/or Feta cheese.
Bake for another 11 minutes on the bottom shelf before moving the pizza to the top third of your oven and turning it to broil. Broil for a minute or two until the cheese is bubbly and perfectly browned.
Loosen your pizza from the pan with a large spatula before carefully sliding it onto a serving platter or pizza pan to slice and serve.
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until they are well combined. Add the oil and cheese. Pulse until smooth.
This recipe makes enough pesto for 2 pizzas.
Recipe courtesy of Alexis’ Gluten Free Adventures
This recipe works great with Chēbē Original Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: