We all have our favorite salsa and hot sauce. Now you can use them in a new way by adding them to your Chebe Bread! Chebe is always gluten free and grain free and adding salsa gives it a special zing! You’re going to love it!
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe Original Cheese Bread Mix
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped (or 1 chopped jalapeno)
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (dairy free cheese also works!)
- 2 large eggs or aquafaba*
- 3 Tbsp your favorite salsa
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Hot sauce a few shakes
- Red pepper flakes a few shakes (a great option)
Preheat oven to 375F
In a bowl, use a fork to blend the Chebe mix with the green onions and cheese. Continue blending in the eggs, salsa, oil and hot sauce.
Mix for a couple of minutes with the fork, then use your hands and knead it until the dough is smooth and well blended.
Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 18 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 or 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*For an egg-free version, use 6 Tbsp aquafaba.
This recipe works great with Chēbē Original Cheese Bread Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: