Recipe and photos courtesy of Book of Yum
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe All Purpose Bread mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp softened butter (or margarine if dairy free)
- 4 Tbsp milk or soy milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped dried onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or more to taste)
- 1 large bunch of spinach (Separate, throw away stalks. Clean, cook, rinse in cold water and chop.)
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp finely ground brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk or soy milk
- 4 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese, soy cheese, nutritional yeast flakes, or other vegan substitute
Prepare spinach by cooking lightly in a pan with a small amount of water. Rinse with cold water, drain, and chop into bite sized pieces. Reserve.
Make cheese sauce by melting butter in saucepan. When melted, add garlic and brown rice flour. Combine. Add milk, slowly, stirring and letting thicken. When you have a nice white sauce, turn off heat and add grated cheese. When cheese has completely melted, add cooked spinach.
Spray muffin tin with cooking spray, preheat oven to 375F.
Prepare pastry by combining all ingredients, and kneading to form a ball. Roll out inside a gallon sized freezer ziploc bag with the sides cut open. Cut squares of dough and create a tartlet in each muffin cavity, letting the dough create a square around the muffin circle so that four dough triangles can be seen. Fill each tartlet half full of spinach filling and bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Book of Yum
This recipe works great with Chēbē All Purpose Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: