If you like bagels and lox, or if you think you might like bagels and lox, this is an easy and fun way to make a pizza out of it! All of the flavors are there: lox (or smoked salmon), cream cheese, capers, and dill, composed on what is arguably the most popular way to eat a meal in the Western world… PIZZA!
This pizza, (bagel, pizza, bagel?) is meant to be eaten on a cool crust, so it works great as a brunch when you are waiting for the guests to arrive, or for the whole gang to get out of bed and make it downstairs to the breakfast table. It’s a very ‘chill’ dish, so just relax and have fun with it.
And with Chēbē, the foundation of this marvel is gluten and grain free… naturally! That’s right. Chēbē was not created to be gluten free like so many products on the market today. And that is why everybody likes Chēbē, the gluten and grain free part is a coincidence!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Runner
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Chebe All Purpose Mix.
- 2 Tbsp everything bagel seasoning. (If you don’t have everything bagel seasoning just blend 1 ½ tsp each of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion flakes and dried garlic, plus a tsp of kosher salt.)
- 8 Tbsp plain yogurt divided
- 8 oz cream or Neufchatel cheese softened (divided)
- 2 eggs large
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil + scant amount of olive oil for brushing
- cream cheese from above
- yogurt from above
- everything bagel seasoning from above
- 6 – 8 oz lox or smoked salmon
- 2 Tbsp capers
- thinly sliced red onion freshly ground black pepper and fresh dill to taste
- fresh dill
Preheat the oven to 425F
In a bowl and using a fork, blend the Chebe mix with 1 Tbsp of the bagel seasoning. Then, blend in 2 Tbsp yogurt, 2 oz of the cheese, both eggs and the oil. Continue blending until the dough is smooth (get your hands in it!).
Cover a large baking pan with parchment paper (p.paper is optional). Separate the dough in two pieces (for 2/10” pizzas). Press each piece on the parchment paper with your fingers until each piece is about 10” in diameter.
Poke the surfaces with the tines of a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming in the oven. Lightly brush olive oil over each surface.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove and let cool.
For the topping, combine the remaining cheese, yogurt and bagel seasoning until well blended.
Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust. Top the mixture with the lox, onion, black pepper, capers and dill. All set! Call everyone to the table!
This recipe works great with Chēbē All Purpose Mix, but you may also try it with these Chēbē mixes: